It wasn’t because 2012 is over, and it wasn’t because of early reports that the fiscal cliff situation was resolved.
It was because 2013 is here.
Sure, some people feel that today is just another day, and January 1 isn’t so different from all the other days of the year. But when the year that just ended wasn’t one of your favorites, you wake up on January 1 with a new outlook, a blank slate, and renewed hope.
Suffice it to say, I’m in a better mood today than I was yesterday.
2013 is going to be a great year. How do I know? Because there are a lot of good things on the horizon.
Here, in lieu of resolutions, are 27 things I’m looking forward to in 2013:
1. New music from Jamie Cullum
3. The new (final?) season of Community
4. Starting a new job
5. Spending more time building my offline relationships and less time focused on my online ones
7. Becoming a regular contributor to popblerd.com
8. Two more Boston visits from my niece and nephews
9. The second seasons of The Newsroom, Veep, and Girls
10. More good times with good friends
11. Purging (clothes, old furniture, books, etc.)
12. Finally making it out to California and/or Denver
14. Passing 2,000 followers on Twitter
15. Losing weight, somehow
16. A better Red Sox season than last year’s was
17. Man of Steel
19. Seth MacFarlane hosting the Oscars
20. Seeing the Patriots in the Super Bowl again, and watching them win
21. Trying Greek yogurt
22. Finally seeing Book of Mormon when it comes to Boston
23. Watching Olly Murs try to cross over into America
24. Learning how to sleep through the night in my bed, rather than spending half of it on my couch with the lights still on
25. Participating in a blind taste test to settle once and for all which cupcakes are better: Crumbs or Georgetown
26. Reading a book from start to finish
27. A New Year’s Eve as good as the one I enjoyed last night
All of these things happening — and more — will make 2013 a very good year. I’m looking forward to it.
What are you looking forward to this year? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.