Alright, so X-Men: The Last Stand is a big, exciting summer movie, full of action and big, important speeches and cool special effects. But it’s a bit darker (visually) and colder than the previous two X-Men films, and it doesn’t have the same, I dunno, heart that the other two had. In fact, this one feels more functional, more run-of-the-mill, more routine, and more blunt. Which is a shame, because as comic book movies go, the X-Men films have been better than most. They all deal with prejudice, but this one feels the most heavy-handed, thematically. Still, X3 does have its moments of fun, including the final battle sequence, so I’ll give this third film a B — for Beast, because that character is a trip. How funny it is to see Kelsey Grammer bulked up with blue fur and makeup.
Most Popular Posts
- @BPucino LOL. It's on CBS. That's not cable. ;-) 9 hours ago
- @BPucino The Great Indoors. Apparently, it's pretty popular. Looked awful to me, despite starring Joel McHale. 9 hours ago
- @JohnWLewis @gtdguy LOL ... Maybe it's because I more commonly see GSD. ;-) #DigiBlogChat 11 hours ago
- It's not enough to share good content, @berkson0 says. You also have to add context. ow.ly/rsEw30bau7t Agreed! https://t.co/icYeek2R0n 11 hours ago
- @JohnWLewis I know what GTL is (gym, tanning, laundry), but what is GTD? #DigiBlogChat 11 hours ago
What Do I Write About?
9/11 110 2015 movies 2016 movies Abby Amanda Bynes American Idol Amy Winehouse baby blogging books Boston Marathon Brad Meltzer Broadway Bruce Springsteen Bubby car Celtics Chicago Christmas clothes college Comcast comic books concerts condo Continental Coolidge Corner Dave Matthews Band driving Entertainment Weekly Facebook Fall Season TV family Fenway Flight of the Conchords food football Foursquare George Clooney getting old Hanukkah health high school how much I ate ice cream Internets iPhone Jamie Cullum Jennifer Garner July 4 Keith Olbermann kids Letterman Lily Allen looking back lucky magazines Marc and Ian marketing Molasses Flood movies moving music my birthday newspaper Newton new year's resolutions Oscars Passover photos Pixar playlist politics random Red Sox relationships Rest in Peace Rosh Hashannah Ruth's Chris self-improvement Shaw's skydiving Slanket social media stores stuff I did summer Thanksgiving the T travel TV twins Twitter Valentine's Day Very Marty Xmas weather wedding work Yom Kippur