I liked a few things about The Matador, among them: Hope Davis, who isn’t in the movie nearly enough; the style, particularly the big, colorful type that announces each new location; and the soundtrack, despite the rather obvious inclusion of The Killers‘ “All These Things That I’ve Done.” In addition, Greg Kinnear and Pierce Brosnan make a good team, and I liked that both of their characters end the movie with honor, despite the fact that one of them is an assassin. So why am I only giving the movie a B? I’m not sure. I mean, I wish there was more of the guys in Denver and less of them in Mexico City (maybe a switch of 10 minutes on either side), and as I said, more of Hope Davis. So I guess it’s because the movie just wasn’t in the same league as, say, Munich. But this is far from a bad movie, and I’d recommend it.
Most Popular Posts
- @BPucino LOL. It's on CBS. That's not cable. ;-) 9 hours ago
- @BPucino The Great Indoors. Apparently, it's pretty popular. Looked awful to me, despite starring Joel McHale. 9 hours ago
- @JohnWLewis @gtdguy LOL ... Maybe it's because I more commonly see GSD. ;-) #DigiBlogChat 11 hours ago
- It's not enough to share good content, @berkson0 says. You also have to add context. ow.ly/rsEw30bau7t Agreed! https://t.co/icYeek2R0n 11 hours ago
- @JohnWLewis I know what GTL is (gym, tanning, laundry), but what is GTD? #DigiBlogChat 11 hours ago
What Do I Write About?
9/11 110 2015 movies 2016 movies Abby Amanda Bynes American Idol Amy Winehouse baby blogging books Boston Marathon Brad Meltzer Broadway Bruce Springsteen Bubby car Celtics Chicago Christmas clothes college Comcast comic books concerts condo Continental Coolidge Corner Dave Matthews Band driving Entertainment Weekly Facebook Fall Season TV family Fenway Flight of the Conchords food football Foursquare George Clooney getting old Hanukkah health high school how much I ate ice cream Internets iPhone Jamie Cullum Jennifer Garner July 4 Keith Olbermann kids Letterman Lily Allen looking back lucky magazines Marc and Ian marketing Molasses Flood movies moving music my birthday newspaper Newton new year's resolutions Oscars Passover photos Pixar playlist politics random Red Sox relationships Rest in Peace Rosh Hashannah Ruth's Chris self-improvement Shaw's skydiving Slanket social media stores stuff I did summer Thanksgiving the T travel TV twins Twitter Valentine's Day Very Marty Xmas weather wedding work Yom Kippur